Thursday, January 24, 2013

Scariest Day of My Life......

So some of you know that yesterday was a very scary day for me and some of you may not. So heres my story of the scariest day of my life by far. So all of you should know by now that I'm a type one diabetic and pregnant to boot. So of course my pregnancy is not going to be as smooth as I would like it to be but i also didn't think that something like this would ever happen to me at all. So i woke up yesterday just like i do everyday and got up to get me and the baby something to eat for breakfast and all was going great tell about an hour after breakfast the baby thought it was a good idea to make me throw it all back up. After all of this i was really tired so i got my blankets and my animals and went to bed.....and then everything got a little scary at this. Next thing i know its about 4:30 in the afternoon and I'm feeling a bit odd, i start to look around and see that my power aid is all over the floor and this is red power aid on kind of whitish carpet so now there is this lovely big red spot on my side of the carpet. Anyways as i continue to kind of look around i noticed that at some point in my sleep i had taken my shirt off now i don't remember doing this at all. Well the baby was telling me i had to go pee so i tried to get up to go to the bathroom only issue i got up and went right back down so i tried again and again i got up and then went right back down. When i finally made it to the bathroom i noticed that my pj pants were wet so i guess sometime during sleeping i ended up peeing myself so i took my pants off to go pee only issue was i couldn't make it to the toilet but at one point i guess i did so i started to go pee and i feel off the toilet and ended up peeing on the bathroom floor. At this point something in my head finally said ok something is wrong you need to do something so i walked/fall/crawled to my side of the bed to get to where i could test my blood i tested it and i think it said 45 or something like that so i again tired to walk/fall/crawl to the kitchen to get something for my sugars. I only made it the hallway in our living room before knocking down our picture frame that we have hanging up at that point im like ok i need to call James so i made it back to the room and called him. When he answered i told him he needed to get home and that something was wrong with me but all he really heard was most likely a little kid trying to speak for the 1st time he didn't have a clue what i was saying so he hung up and i didn't hear him saying he was coming home so i did the next best thing i could thing of i called 911 and the poor person on the phone thought i was a kid so that was making me mad so i hung up and they called back and asked if my doors were unlocked so the emts could come in they were not so i left the phone in the living room and went to unlock the front door and and made it kind of to my bedroom door when James came though the back door and came to me to try to figurer out what was going on with me at the same time he heard a voice coming from somewhere which was food and talked to the lady on the phone as well as trying to get me dressed as i was butt naked half awake on the floor when he came home. When i emts made it to the house i was trying to tell them that i thought i might of overdosed of some of my meds and well i did i overdosed on my insulin when they checked my sugars it was 35 so as the emts were asking me things making sure i was still there one of them was trying to get James to take my pump off of me but being me i was able to do it myself after maybe about 10 mins i could finally talk to where people understood me but still wasn't 100% so they loaded me up in the ambulance and took me to the hospital to just get doubled checked ad make sure i didn't hurt me or the baby very bad. Once at the er they took some blood and some pee to run some test and then they gave me some food to see if i could keep it down which i was able to. After about maybe 3 hours and an ultrasound which James was able to see this time later my sugars were high enough where they let me go home but didn't want me to use my pump. I was a little surprised though that they didn't keep over night to just watch me but thats ok i was able to sleep in my own bed. When i got home i went and cleaned up my mess a little and ate some Arby's which sadly came back up later on and took my sugars which were 468 i think and then i kind of looked myself over and i really did a number on myself both of my knees are so rare it hurts to move them even a little and then i did something to my left leg up pretty high so now i have this lovely goose egg of my left leg and then i ended up cutting up some of my left head and some of my left boob. After checking myself out i went start to bed and got up a few times to pee and to throw up. I got this morning with my tummy hurting a little bit and me hurting everywhere but am just fine my sugars are really high right now though tell my diabetic calls me back and i was able to keep down my breakfast which i really didn't want to eat because i am a little scared of being on my own right now. So in the end mommy and baby are doing just fine just beaten up a little bit is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment